Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
What you tell your friends when they ask you what you do...
“Our team is responsible for providing restaurants with delivery service. Areas like HR, disposition and delivery depend on us to develop and maintain their web and mobile applications. We have no dependencies, we are free to make our own technical decisions and get to work with the latest, cutting edge technologies.”
- Collaborate with our team and stakeholders to improve our systems and their functionality (orders, drivers, routes, jobs, shifts, etc.) with a focus on performance security
- Solve complex engineering problems to enhance our service and the overall customer experience.
- Refine and grow your expertise in areas like Continuous Integration, Microservices, DDD, Event driven architectures, RESTful APIs and other related key topics
- Promote and contribute to good software engineering practices across the team and all of IT
- Define clean, secure, and self-explanatory endpoints (APIs) that can be used by integrations and other teams within Takeaway.com
- You love team collaboration and feel comfortable working together with your peers (i.e. pair programming, cross team)
- You believe in simplicity and enjoy practices such as TDD and clean code
- You have demonstrable, proven work experience writing Microservices and you are familiar with at least one of the following: Spring Cloud stream, Kafka, Kinesis
- You have proven work experience using Domain Driven Design and/or Event Driven Architecture
- You have a strong foundation on OOP and division of concerns
- Ideally, you have experience applying CQRS
- You are familiar with AWS and with continuous deployment
- You believe that ideas coming from a team are more powerful than from a single person
What we offer
- Work in a young, dynamic and international eCommerce company with flat hierarchies
- Short decision-making processes and room for initiative
- Company contribution toward your pension saving
- Awesome (global) team events like the summer party, skiing trip and more!
- Table football, billiard and Playstation in the kitchen
- Contribution to your travel cost with the amount of the BVG monthly abonnement
- An attractive location with roof terrace close to Potsdamer Platz
- Workshops, conferences and training seminars to support our growing team
- Inhouse German language courses