Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We - Takeaway.com - are the leading online food-delivery platform in continental Europe and are looking for a Forecasting Analyst to join our Data Analytics teams.
You are one of the driving forces behind the creation of in-depth logistics analysis. Together with your brilliant team members, you build models and crystal clear insights, and you know how to visually present it, so that your audience can adopt it in their daily work. As such, you use your superb communication skills in transmitting your passion for data to others.
In this role you will be the one responsible for
- The forecasting of the amount of orders we are expecting. Based on this, we can plan our delivery personnel allocation planning, and therefore its crucial to the success of our business that this is done as accurate as possible.
- Proactively analyse the results and come up with new insights to improve future forecasting, so we can maximize sales and minimize cost.
You will be part of an international team of Business Analysts, where each member works on variety of analytics insights. You will frequently communicate with them to leverage their knowledge and experience, to rapidly build up analytics solution for our delivery logistics improvement.
An academic quantitative degree (MSc) is required like for example Econometrics/Operation Research/Economy, Mathematics, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence or another related field with a strong emphasis on statistics
2+ years of working experience in a similar role, familiarity with fleet management or logistics KPIs is a big plus, and experience with providing dashboards or reports to quantify the progress of KPIs achievement
- 2+ years of SQL (Redshift, Postgresql is preferable) experience to convert operational data such as order transaction
- 2+ years of R, Python, or Tableau experience to run statistical analytics on data sets to retrieve actionable insights
- Project management skills to plan reasonable and realistic project timelines and obtain agreement among stakeholders
You are part of one of the Business Analysis teams which has a focus to gain insights to improve our reach to customers and restaurants, which includes reporting and dashboarding but also ad-hoc business cases/questions using (advanced) statistics. Therefore the people in the team have different backgrounds and roles to achieve the goal (and thereby opportunities to learn from your peers). By doing so you have a big contribution to Takeaway.com's Data Driven Decision Making strategy. From a planning perspective the team works in an agile way using SCRUM. As a team you present to the rest of the company the insights you have developed during the sprint, which gives the team a great visibility within the organization.
- Big data!
- Work in a fast growing company
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Travel costs 1st class public transportation
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Central Station)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Hackathons and prototyping of new solutions
- Awesome team events