Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
How you describe your team to your friends
“We are a small and specialised team that owns the product intelligence domain from start to finish including the generation, dissemination and application of inventory insights. We’re tackling a diverse range of challenges in an equally diverse and international team. Our team is at the intersection of backend development, big data engineering and machine learning. We are a tightly-knit collective of curious people with a heterogeneous set of skills and backgrounds including (among others) former linguists, philosophy graduates and marketing specialists who transitioned into careers in data science, machine learning and backend development. We believe that a good team is one that is inclusive, diverse and made up of open-minded, cooperative people.”
- Shape, design and build systems that can be used to make sense of the company’s 13 million strong product inventory
- Engineer tools that utilise that intelligence to create a more personalised user experience for our 12+ million user base
- Build robust yet lightweight software - data pipelines and APIs - that can bring the knowledge to other teams within IT, and ultimately to our customers
- Developing custom tools by partaking in the iterative efforts geared towards continuously deepening, extending and validating our understanding of Takeaway.com´s product
- You don’t shy away from DevOps-related tasks and appreciate the self-service capabilities offered by the cloud
- 3+ years of experience as a backend developer, including at least 1 year of work on Scala projects. First-hand experience in building RESTful services
- Have worked with one or more of the following services: AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kafka Streams, MySQL, Spark
- Ability and willingness to find custom yet pragmatic solutions to non-standard data, tech and business cases
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly. Comfortable with working in a multidisciplinary team that holds knowledge sharing in high regard
What we offer
- As you’ll be joining a young team, you will be constantly presented with novel puzzles and will be unfettered by technical debt or legacy code
- You’ll become part of a team that prides itself in owning its stack and you’ll have the opportunity to make your voice heard during technical and design discussions - your opinion will count.
- Company contribution toward your pension saving
- Awesome (global) team events like the summer party, skiing trip and more!
- Table football, billiard and Playstation in the kitchen
- Contribution to your travel cost with the amount of the BVG monthly abonnement
- An attractive location with roof terrace close to Potsdamer Platz
- Workshops, conferences and training seminars to support our growing team
- Inhouse German language courses