Takeaway.com is a leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, connecting consumers and restaurants through its platform in 9 European countries and Vietnam.
We - Takeaway.com - are the leading online food-delivery platform in continental Europe and are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our Data Analytics teams.
You are one of the driving forces behind the creation of in-depth customer analysis and operational marketing analytics. Together with your brilliant team members, you build models and crystal clear insights, and you know how to visually present it, so that your audience can adopt it in their daily work. As such, you use your superb communication skills in transmitting your passion for data to others.
- Perform in-depth analysis like customer lifetime value, cohorts, sales forecast, marketing mix modeling, logistics operational performance analysis, natural language processing/text mining
- Develop together with the various stakeholders; metrics and KPI's
- Make information and KPI's available for other departments in dashboards
- Help with the numerical justification of business cases
- Play a key role within the new Customer Analytics teams, responsible for implementing a cutting-edge data-driven strategy for Takeaway.com
A day in the life of:
Your team is developing a model which should determine the right marketing (channel) mix. You know that there are multiple possibilities to come to an advice. Therefore, today you investigate the differences between various attribution models. At the end of the day you have found an interesting result which you share with your fellow team members. Happy with this new insight you leave the building: when we implement it, this means that we reach more (potential) customers than before!
- An academic quantitative degree (MSc/PhD) is required like for example Econometrics/Economy, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or another related field with a strong emphasis on statistics
- 5+ years of working experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and at least good knowledge of another data analytics tool like R, Python, SPSS, SAS etc.
- Being able to do in-depth analyses like for example: customer lifetime value, cohorts, sales forecast, marketing mix modeling, logistics operational performance analysis, natural language processing/text mining
- Experience in using statistics in a commercial environment
- Experience in E-Commerce is highly rated
You are part of one of the Business Analysis teams which has a focus to gain insights to improve our reach to customers and restaurants, which includes reporting and dashboarding but also ad-hoc business cases/questions using (advanced) statistics. Therefore the people in the team have different backgrounds and roles to achieve the goal (and thereby opportunities to learn from your peers). By doing so you have a big contribution to Takeaway.com's Data Driven Decision Making strategy. From a planning perspective the team works in an agile way using SCRUM. As a team you present to the rest of the company the insights you have developed during the sprint, which gives the team a great visibility within the organization.
- Big data!
- Work in a fast growing company
- Being part of a new, young, professional and international team
- A competitive salary including 8% holiday allowance
- Travel costs 1st class public transportation
- Pension plan 50% paid by Takeaway.com
- 25 holidays a year on a full-time basis
- An office location within the heart of Amsterdam (5 min. from Central Station)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Hackathons and prototyping of new solutions
- Awesome team events